Detailed Description of Project
Site Group is responsible for the drilling, completion and pump testing of fifty-five drill (55) production boreholes and nine (9) piezometer boreholes in order to supply additional urban water to the Greater Amman Area from the deep fossil Rum Aquifer. The well field will produce an annual flow of 100 million cubic meters (MCM) to be pumped through a pipeline to Amman.
The project aim was to convey 100 million cubic meters of water annually from the Disi-Dubaydib well field, located 325 km south of Amman.
The objective of this project was to supervise and manage the Disi Wells Field in Jordan.
Orient Responsibilities were:
- To supervise wells drilling and pump testing including sampling process, and prepare final drawings for wells.
- Managing hydro geological and water quality issues.
- Review and comment on main contractor design.
- Data collection of hydro geological and drilling information.
- Geophysical down hole logs, and the production of litho logy logs, in correlation with geophysical logs.
- Prepare GIS database for the project, mapping, geological cross sections and well design.
- Wells development and pumping tests.
- Prepare final drawings to confer GIS and final reports
Type of Services Provided
Engineering services were provided including the supervision of well site, well drilling, and well development. In addition, geophysical investigation, geological, and hydrological studies were conducted. Design, drawings, reports, and GIS applications were carried out.
|Overall Project Value (USD)||90,000|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||100%|
|No of Staff Provided||23|
|Origin of Funding||Local Financing|
|Date||2010 - 2011 (1 year)|