Detailed Description of Project
The programme consisted of the following components: Phase 1 (Energy Efficiency Concept and Programme Implementation), and; Phase 2 (Engineering and Implementation Consultancy), with which the Consultant was tasked. The programme aims to avoid about 30,000 t of CO2 emissions per year calculated on the basis of baseline (2014) water consumption. An average annual decrease of electricity consumed per unit of pumped water (KWh/m³) by at least 15% two years after the completion of construction works was defined as key parameter for project success.
Financing under this programme was directed towards electro-mechanical equipment and installations (mainly energy efficient pumps and motors), hydraulic and measuring devices, SCADA systems for remote control and any required supplementary physical network infrastructure.
The consulting services comprises of the following:
- Execution of additionally required complementary studies/investigations, inventory and asset valuation
- Elaboration of an economically justified and sustainable overall implementation concept
- Definition and justification of design criteria and preparation of detailed design documents
- Preparation of various types of tender and contract documents including work and performance-based operation contracts
- Assistance during tendering contract negotiations and award of contract procedures
- Construction supervision of all work contracts during the project implementation phase
- Assistance during the defect’s liability period and verification of performance-/incentive-based O&M/energy improvement contracts.
The energy efficiency measures included:
- 17 well fields / 105 wells: pump quantities
- 18 pumping stations
- Total energy saving 60.8 GWh/y
Type of Services Provided
- Survey and Data Collection
- Structural Design
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Hydrogeological Study
- Assisting in Electro-Mechanical Designs
- Supervision of Construction.
|Client||Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ)|
|Overall Project Value (USD)||2.8 Millions for consultancy services|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||30%|
|No of Staff Provided||98|
|Origin of Funding||KFW|
|Date||2014 - 2019 (5 years)|
|Partners||FICHTNER Water & Transport (Lead 70%)|