Detailed Description of Project
As part of the support provided to Jordan from the Gulf, a Saudi Grant was offered to upgrade the infrastructure services affected by the Syrian refugees. The project for rehabilitation of water and wastewater networks in part of the northern governorates (mostly affected by Syrian crises) took place.
Orient was assigned to provide the engineering services for the supervision of construction of wastewater collection networks of different diameters; and water distribution network with different diameters in the northern part of Jordan at Jerash and Ajloun Governorates. The work also includes the design of review works.
The consultant’s duties comprised of the application of all the standard conditions of supervision consultancy services issued by Government Tenders Directorate (derived mainly from FIDIC Conditions) which included the provision of the project resident staff, main office support and checking of drawing’s reports.
Type of Services Provided
- Review the design of water & waste water network
- Engineering services for construction supervision
- Testing and approving materials.
- Cost control auditing, and verifying Contractor payments and measurements sheets
- Evaluation, and recommending variation orders to the Client
- Review of shop drawings and as built drawings
- Preparation of monthly progress reports.
- Issuing taking over certificates
- Assisting the Client in all contractual matters including claims
|Client||Water Authority of Jordan|
|Overall Project Value (USD)||3 million (680,000 for Consultancy services)|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||100%|
|No of Staff Provided||110|
|Origin of Funding||Ministry of Saudi Grant|
|Date||2014 - 2016 (2 years)|