Detailed Description of Project
On July 8th, 2009, the Ministry of Water and Irrigation – Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ) consigned Orient to perform consulting services for the preliminary and final design of wastewater collection and miscellaneous within Jerash Governorates.
The area for the project is located within Jerash Governorates in the north of Jordan, about 40 km north from Amman, which is currently occupied by approximately 176,000 inhabitants.
The Project’s approach was to prepare the feasibility and detailed design of approximately 60km of wastewater networks in selected areas of Jerash, which are: Daher Al- Sero, Jbarat, Nabi Hood, Sakeb and miscellaneous.
The design works were divided into the following tasks:
Preliminary works include sewer layouts, population projections, and inception design report
Detailed design: preparation of sewer plans and profiles, hydraulic analysis, pump stations drawings in addition to the design of report and required tender documents
60 km of wastewater collection network Polyethylene piping and (3) lift stations, PS 2 and 3 force mains were connected to the nearest gravity manhole, PS1 is pumping direct to Me’rad Plant.
Type of Services Provided
- Prepare the conceptual analysis
- Conduct the topographical surveying
- Develop the preliminary engineering design of collection network and lift stations
- Develop hydraulic calculations sheets
- Prepare detailed design report and design drawings
- Prepare bill of quantities and technical specifications
- Prepare BOQs and the technical specifications
- Prepare full set of Tender documents, for both general and special conditions
- Prepare a priced BOQ
|Client||Water Authority of Jordan|
|Overall Project Value (USD)||4.5 million (130,000 for consultancy services)|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||100%|
|No of Staff Provided||60|
|Origin of Funding||Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ)|
|Date||2009 - 2011 (1 yea, 5 months)|