Detailed Description of Project
Yarmouk Water Company assigned the consultant (Joint venture of Associated Consulting Engineers (ACE), & Orient Engineering Consultancy) to perform technical and engineering services for preliminary design, feasibility study, detailed design, and preparation of tender documents of wastewater collection networks, treatment (conceptual) and effluent reuse facilities from communities of Liwa Al-Wasatiah
Project area included Houfa al-Wasatiah, Al-Kharaj, Qumm, Qumeem, Kufr Aan, Kufr Asad, Saydour, (Zahr, Jumhaa, Natfeh, Ham, Bayt Yafa, Kufr Youba in addition to some un-served areas in Soum Village. and East Irbid (Mughaier, Hakmma) Villages.
The objective of this project is to expand wastewater service area to cover the above entioned unsewered areas in Irbid Governoate. The initial step was to prepare a final designs and tender documents for wastewater collection and treatment systems, including effluent reuse.
The project ‘s scope included:
- Preparing the preliminary design of alternatives and develop the cost estimates
- Preparing the final design and tender documents for wastewater collection,
- Design of pump (lift) stations, force mains,
- Preparing the Conceptual design, wastewater treatment report and effluent reuse.
- Assessing the environmental impacts of the Project.
The overall length of the wastewater network was around 500 km of collection cement pipes and 50 km of force mains, 9000 house connections, and (24) lift stations divided into 6 packages.
Type of Services Provided
- Conceptual study, engineering, economics and alternatives of treatment process.
- Topographic surveying.
- Preliminary engineering designs of collection networks and lift stations.
- Hydraulic analysis.
- Detailed design of report and drawings.
- Bill of quantities and technical specification.
- Tender documents, for both general and special conditions.
- Priced bill of quantities.
|Client||Northern Governorates Water Administration|
|Overall Project Value (USD)||70 million (1.03 million for consultancy services)|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||50%|
|No of Staff Provided||110|
|Origin of Funding||Kuwaiti Grant|
|Date||2014 - 2016 (2 years)|
|Name of Partners (Lead/Partner)||ACE 50% (lead) Orient 50%|