Detailed Description of Project
Yarmouk Water Company in cooperation with Water Authority Of Jordan policy had signed on May 30th, 2010, with the Consultant (joint venture of Orient Engineering Consultancy & Design (Orient) – Associated Consulting Engineers (ACE) and Dorsch International Consultants (DIC)), to perform consulting services for Predesign, Feasibility Study, Detailed design, Preparation of tender documents of wastewater collection networks, Treatment and effluent reuse facilities from Communities of Sahel Horan Municipality (Tourah, Emrawah, Dunaibah, and Shajarah) and miscellaneous at Al-Ramtha.
The project was located at Sahel Horan within Irbid Governorate. Al-Ramtha is a city situated 83km in the far northwest of Jordan with approximate population of 120,365 people
The objectives of the project were to:
- Prepare the final design and tender documents for wastewater collection, pump (lift) stations, wastewater treatment and effluent reuse in the Project area to serve the needs of the connected areas until the year 2035
- Assessing the environmental effects of the Project.
The study also consisted of designing main networks and branches to be connected with the existing wastewater systems, and house connections in addition to a lifting station for a part of Ramtha Governorate. Population forecast up to the year 2035 should be considered for the whole study area.
The wastewater network length was 115 km of collection cement pipes and 32 km of polyethylene pumped sewage pipes, 5000 house connections, and (6) lift stations divided into 6 packages.
Type of Services Provided
- Conceptual study, engineering, economics and alternatives of treatment process.
- Topographic surveying.
- Preliminary engineering designs of collection networks and lift stations.
- Hydraulic analysis.
- Detailed design of report and drawings.
- Bill of quantities and technical specification.
- Tender documents, for both general and special conditions.
- Priced bill of quantities.
|Client||Northern Governorates Water Administration|
|Overall Project Value (USD)||25 million (570,000 for consultancy services)|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||40%|
|No of Staff Provided||116|
|Origin of Funding||Ministry of Water and Irrigation|
|Date||2010 - 2012 (2 years)|
|Name of Partners (Lead/Partner)||Orient 40% (lead) Dorsch 30% ACE Jordan 30%|