Detailed Description of Project
The scope of the project was to provide services comprised of reviewing of the design, and supervision of the Expansion of East and West pump stations, and the rehabilitation of old ones including reservoirs, buildings, electromechanical works and piping.
The project intends to reinforce and expand the existing systems to serve the population growth and new communities. The project is located at Zarqa City, which is located northeast of Amman. The Zarqa Governorate extends from Zarqa River in the west to the Saudi border in the east with population of 799,000; ninety percent of the population is concentrated in Zarqa, Russiefa and al-Hashemiyah areas.
Project Main components:
- West Zarqa Pump Station (WZPS).
- Ad Dahya Pump Station (ADPS).
- East Zarqa Pump Station (EZPS).
- Hiteen Camp Pump Station (HCPS).
Orient’s duties in this project included the following:
- The application of all the standard conditions of supervision consultancy services issued by Government Tenders Directorate (derived mainly from FIDIC Conditions) including the provision of the project resident staff, and main office support.
- Checking report’s drawings.
- Auditing and approving the Contractor payments.
Type of Services Provided
- Review the design of wastewater, civil and electro mechanics.
- Professional services for construction supervision.
- Testing and approving materials.
- Cost control auditing and verifying Contractor payments and measurements sheets.
- Evaluation and recommendation of variation orders to the Client.
- Review of shop and built drawings.
- Preparation of monthly progress reports.
- Issuing taking over certificates.
- Assisting the Client in all contractual matters including claims.
|Client||Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ)|
|Overall Project Value (USD)||24 million (988,000 for consultancy services)|
|Proportion carried out by Candidate (%)||100%|
|No of Staff Provided||500|
|Origin of Funding||Gulf Grant|
|Date||2014 - 2016 (2 years)|